McKesson Canada announces recipients of its 2015 McKesson Foundation Regional Grants Program - Press Release - McKesson Canada Extranet
McKesson Canada is pleased to announce the recipients of its Regional Grants Program. The McKesson Foundation provides financial assistance to non-profit organizations that share our mission of Better Health by assisting children and youth in the areas of health, education and poverty.
The grants range from $2,500 to $25,000. They support one-time projects or programs.
“Each year we are amazed at the number and quality of initiatives aimed at supporting a range of needs in communities across Canada,” said Geneviève Fortier, Senior Vice President, Human Resources and Public Affairs at McKesson Canada. “Annually, we contribute more than $1 million to non-profit organizations working to improve the health of our communities. We are proud to play a part in the efforts that support community across Canada”
“Our Canadian Review Committee, composed of employees from various regions in the country has the very difficult task of selecting the grant recipients from hundreds of very worthy initiatives,” added Christine Lopez, President of the McKesson Foundation. “We wish we could award grants to all of them and take comfort in knowing that the close to $350,000 we distributed this year will go a long way.”
McKesson Canada is deeply committed to building healthier and stronger communities in which it operates. The Canadian Regional Grants Program awarded grants to the following organizations in 2015:
• Autism Dog Services Inc., Ontario - $20,000
• Broad Reach Foundation for Youth Leaders, Ontario - $19,000
• Canadian Feed The Children, Ontario -$20,000
• Centre Communautaire Tyndale St-Georges, Québec - $10,000
• Community Association for Riding for the Disabled, Ontario - $9,000
• Covenant House Vancouver, British Columbia - $15,000
• Eva's Initiatives for Homeless Youth, Ontario - $23,000
• Hope Air, Ontario - $23,000
• Institute for Cross-cultural Exchange, British Columbia - $10,000
• J'apprends avec mon enfant, Québec - $20,000
• Kids Eat Smart Foundation Newfoundland and Labrador Inc., Newfoundland and Labrador - $10,000
• March of Dimes Canada, Ontario - $10,000
• New Brunswick Youth Orchestra, Inc., New Brunswick - $23,000
• New Path Youth and Family Services, Ontario - $15,000
• Olympiques Spéciaux Québec, Québec - $23,800
• Partageons l'espoir, Québec - $23,000
• PLEA Community Services Society of BC, British Columbia - $23,000
• Tides Canada Initiatives Society, British Columbia - $10,000
For more information on the Regional Grants Program, visit https://www.mckesson.ca/fr/mckesson-foundation.
About McKesson Canada
Founded more than 100 years ago, McKesson Canada is dedicated to delivering vital medicines, supplies and information technologies that enable the health care industry to provide patients better, safer care. Our solutions empower pharmacies, manufacturers, hospitals and other health care institutions by enabling them to get closer to the millions of patients they serve every single day, while contributing to the quality and safety of care in Canada.
About the McKesson Foundation
Founded in 1943, the McKesson Foundation is an initiative of McKesson Corporation, based in San Francisco. It envisions a world where affordable, quality health care is available to all.