The McKesson Foundation announces its 2014 Canadian Regional Grants Recipients - Press Release - McKesson Canada Extranet
MONTREAL, July 22, 2014 – The McKesson Foundation is pleased to announce the recipients of its 2014 Regional Grants Program, following a Canada-wide campaign that each year provides a number of non-profit organizations with financial assistance to improve the health and education of children and youth, and fight poverty.
McKesson Canada cares about the communities in which it operates and is deeply committed to building healthier and stronger communities by making a difference in the lives of children, youth and their families.
The Canadian Regional Grants Program awarded close to $250,000 to charities in 2014.
The McKesson Foundation wishes to congratulate the following Regional Grant recipients for 2014:
• Christie Refugee Welcome Centre ($5,000) – Ontario
• Hope Air ($15,000) – New Brunswick
• Kawartha Lakes Food Source ($10,000) – Ontario
• Kids Help Phone ($25,000) – Quebec
• Kids' Health Links Foundation ($25,000) – Ontario
• Leave Out Violence Society BC ($20,000) – British Columbia
• Marie-Vincent Foundation ($10,687) – Quebec
• New Brunswick Youth Orchestra, Inc. ($25,000) – New Brunswick
• Simon Fraser University - Faculty of Applied Sciences ($13,500) – British Columbia
• Missing Children's Network Canada ($25,000) – Quebec
• Vanguard School ($25,000) – Quebec
• Yellow Brick House ($10,000) – Ontario
• YMCA on Central-East Ontario ($15,500) – Ontario
• YWCA of Calgary ($25,000) – Alberta
For more information, visit our website.
The Canadian Regional Grants Program will be re-launched in the fall of 2014. McKesson Canada would like to encourage the submission of grant applications for one-time specific projects or programs. Grants typically range in size from $2,500 to $25,000.
Please visit our website in the fall to submit an on-line grant application.
About the McKesson Foundation
Founded in 1943, the McKesson Foundation is an initiative of McKesson Corporation, based in San Francisco. It is envisions a world where affordable, quality health care is available to all.
About McKesson Canada
Founded more than 100 years ago, McKesson Canada is dedicated to delivering vital medicines, supplies and information technologies that enable the health care industry to provide patients better, safer care. Our solutions empower pharmacies, manufacturers, hospitals and other health care institutions by enabling them to get closer to the millions of patients they serve every single day, while contributing to the quality and safety of care in Canada.
For further information:
Advisor, Corporate Communications