Oncology - McKesson Canada
Pharmaceutical Supply Chain Solutions
Innovative Oral and Parenteral Chemotherapy Support Services
Pharmaceutical Supply Chain Solutions - Contacts
At McKesson Specialty Health Canada, we aim to:
- Offer an extension to existing quality and safety & to build person-centred models of care
- Provide proactive anticancer support that improves adherence and toxicity management and optimizes patient and provider experience
- Integrate seemlessly with the oncology team to provide a continuous care experience that feels like an extension of the hospital’s cancer services
- Utilize evidence-based tools that promote self-management and empower patients to be actively involved in their own care
- Collaborate with healthcare providers to build customized models of care for patients receiving oral and parenteral chemotherapy
- Establish trusted partnerships and deliver scalable models
- Put patients, families and caregivers at the centre of our solutions to deliver the best possible outcomes for health systems
Cancer does not begin and end when a patient enters or leaves a hospital.
Partnering with a trusted healthcare provider supports your patients 24-hours a day, 365-days a year; and helps create person-centred cancer systems for everyone to access.
Pharmacy-led proactive oral anticancer program
Through it’s breadth of experience and expertise in the oncology pharmacy field, McKesson Speciality Pharmacy provides a comprehensive oral chemotherapy monitoring and support program. Our solution is designed in accordance with CCO’s Recommendations for Take Home Cancer Drugs and was built in collaboration with leading experts in Oncology Pharmacy. Through proactive, pharmacy-led support, the program aims to keep patients on therapy through evidence-based toxicity management; ensuring the best possible outcomes.
Accredited Oncology Clinics
Not all patients can receive therapy at a hospital. Regardless of where care is delivered, however, the patient experience should be consistent and the highest clinical standards should be upheld. Through it’s Nationally Accredited INVIVA program, McKesson is offering healthcare providers, hospitals, and their patients, access to timely, safe and guideline-compliant care in a state of the art environment. We are partnering with hospitals to improve access where patients need it most and ensuring a consistent, seemless experience in care. The INVIVA program is helping the cancer system innovate, by delivering access to ground breaking medications, and ensuring that hospital resources are reserved for those who need them most.
Patient Care Navigation Team
The Patient Care Navigation Team at McKesson Specialty Health consisting of nurses and pharmacists that share a common patient-focused purpose with McKesson Canada: To improve care in every setting - one product, one partner, one patient at a time. The team provides a patient-centric care model coast-to-coast that includes drug-agnostic support as the point-person for patient PSP referral, reimbursement assistance, and clinical support for pre-therapy testing and injection/infusion services, amongst other support offerings. In this way, the Patient Care Navigator Team at McKesson Specialty Health acts as the remaining point person for the patient, provider and PSP for the duration of the patient’s therapy.