McKesson Canada Ranked One of Montreal's Top Employers for the Sixth Consecutive Year - Press Releases - McKesson Canada
MISSISSAUGA, ON, February 2023 – McKesson Canada is proud to announce today that it has been recognized as one of "Montreal's Top Employers" for 2023 by the editors of Mediacorp Canada Inc. marking the sixth consecutive year that the company has received this award.
“We are proud that McKesson has been recognized as a top employer in Montreal for the sixth year in a row, where we play an important role in this dynamic city. People join McKesson Canada because they want to contribute to our mission to advance the health outcomes of all Canadians. Employees stay because of our values and a deep sense of belonging, built through an unwavering commitment to our purpose and to the customer. Congratulations to Team McKesson for this extraordinary achievement and thank you for making our company a great place to work!” said Joan Eliasek, President of McKesson Canada.
McKesson Canada has introduced a number of new and innovative tools over the years to help employees develop their career, grow the company, and feel empowered to contribute. Some of those include:
- At McKesson, we believe in our competency “Grow Self and Others”. Engrained in the company culture is a commitment to development and professional growth supported by tools and resources such as employee training programs, people leader training focused on team development, succession planning, educational assistance, a comprehensive learning portal and learning on the job to name a few.
- Inclusion and diversity networks open to all McKesson Canada employees as we continue to build a workplace where each of us can bring our whole self to work and where our diversity of backgrounds and experience is valued.
- McKesson Café, our online networking platform where employees can meet new people from across the organization.
- Workplace flexibility that promotes balance is key to McKesson Canada’s success as a top employer facilitated by our current Office as a Destination model.
- McKesson Canada employees can take advantage of charitable donation matching and volunteering grants available to eligible charities.
Health and wellness options
- Generous health benefits, including the virtual medicine service, EQ Care.
- Employee and family assistance program, for free counselling, nutritional, legal, and financial advice.
- A mental health coach, who supports employees to navigate challenging situations.
In addition to the "Montreal's Top Employers" 2023 award, McKesson Canada was awarded the Women in Governance Parity Certification which recognizes organizations that are leading the way in achieving gender parity both in 2021 and in 2022.
Top Montreal Employer Award
First published in 2006, Montréal's Top Employers is an annual competition organized by the editors of Canada's Top 100 Employers. This special designation recognizes the employers in Greater Montréal that lead their industries in offering exceptional places to work. Employers are evaluated by the editors of Canada's Top 100 Employers using the same eight criteria as the national competition: (1) Physical Workplace; (2) Work Atmosphere & Social; (3) Health, Financial & Family Benefits; (4) Vacation & Time Off; (5) Employee Communications; (6) Performance Management; (7) Training & Skills Development; and (8) Community Involvement. Employers are compared to other organizations in their field to determine which offer the most progressive and forward-thinking programs. Any employer with its head office or principal place of business in Greater Montreal may apply for this competition. Employers of any size may apply, whether private or public sector.
About McKesson Canada
McKesson Canada is a diversified health-care services leader dedicated to advancing health outcomes for patients. Our teams partner with pharmaceutical companies, care providers, pharmacies, manufacturers, governments, and others to deliver products, services and insights to help make quality care more accessible and affordable.
Learn more about how McKesson Canada is impacting virtually every aspect of health care at www.McKesson.ca
For more information: