7- INVIVA - McKesson Canada Extranet
Access to Care by INVIVA
INVIVA is the first and only nationally accredited infusion network in Canada, with extensive experience in administering specialty and biologic drugs intravenously, subcutaneously and intramuscularly. Our clinics and nurses have specialized training in multiple therapeutic areas, including immunology, oncology, neurology and others.
Our vision is to be the premier National Network delivering excellent compassionate care and medication access to all Canadians. To be the standard.
Why engage INVIVA?
• Support manufacturers’ therapies for diseases such as Crohn’s, UC, RA, multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer's, new biosimilar and biologic therapies, oncology patient support, and much more.
• Ensure patients’ access to your therapies in a timely, efficient, and safe manner.
• Offer patient-centric care focused on the proper use of your medications.
• Be part of the movement encouraging community-based care.
• Enjoy integrated solutions for greater system sustainability.
• Provide end-to-end solutions and support for patients undergoing complex therapies.
History of INVIVA
• Founded in 2013 with the acquisition of BioClin and AIM clinics
• “in” for infusion and “viva” for life
• Achieved accreditation designation with Accreditation Canada in 2018
• Home Nursing capabilities added in 2018
A medication-agnostic patient program offered by McKesson Specialty Health tailored to the needs of people living with chronic illnesses.
*Services vary by location
- Drug injection and infusion services
- Onsite lab collection services and reporting, including Blood Work, TB testing and Skin Testing
- Pediatric friendly clinics and nursing available
- Home nursing team also supports Telemedicine
- Education programs
- Self-injection training services
- Monitoring and complementary therapies
- Network of medical doctor supervision
Patient-centered care: Comfortable, Compassionate, Convenient and Safe
- Flexible scheduling, weekend and evening availability at home or in community clinics
- Appointments booked in advance and automatic appointment reminders
- Scheduling patients with similar diagnoses
- Free parking
- Free Wi-Fi, and TV/DVDs available in clinic
- Light snacks and beverages provided
- Consistent, predictable comfort - a medical “home”
- Minimized clinic disruption by acting as a single-infusion “home”
- Over 80 locations
- Staffed by over 300 certified registered nurses (in-clinic and home-nursing team)
- Fully equipped to manage medical emergencies
- Audited and regulatory compliant dispensing, shipping and storage
- Training on pharmacy + Food & Drugs Act regulations
- PIPEDA compliant record-keeping and communication confidentiality
- 1st Nationally Accredited private infusion network in Canada, since 2018
- Continuously evaluate available treatments and services to meet the needs of patients and physicians
- Incorporating innovative technologies like Appointment Scheduling and Appointment Reminders
More on Access to Care by INVIVA
“Access to Care (A2C) is a Medication-Agnostic Patient Program offered by McKesson Specialty Health, as a distinct arm of the INVIVA clinic network, and represents 20 clinics that are tailored to the needs of people living with chronic illnesses"
A2C Agnostic navigation simplifies the patient journey by:
• Providing a customized point of contact for patients and physicians regardless of treatment choice
• Simplified record management, reducing duplication of administration effort
• Improving time to treatment
• Explore our INVIVA locations by zooming in and out of the map, and by dragging it
• Expand the menu (top-left) to view the entire list of clinics
• Expand the map (top-right) to enter a location of choice and get direction to the nearest clinic
• Scheduled with patients with similar diagnoses
• Free parking
• WI-FI, TVs & DVDs available in clinic
• Light snacks and beverages provided
COVID-19 | What We're Doing to Navigate the Pandemic:
• Evidence-based policies and procedures developed based on Public Health Agency of Canada and provincial public health agencies recommendations and requirements
• Active patient and staff screening
- Prior to appointment and repeated immediately on arrival to clinic
• Social distancing in all clinics
• Mandatory masking policy for all patients, using an INVIVA-provided medical mask
• Nurses wearing full PPE (face shield, mask & gloves)
• Enhanced cleaning procedures in place